September 13-15, 2013 at the American Bank Center.
And Ahmed Hassan is crashing too!
Ahmed starred on DIY Network’s “Yard Crashers” and wants to share his landscape knowledge and green expertise with YOU!
He will also be available for pictures and autographs throughout the weekend!
The show will also feature:
- Master Gardeners Seminar on the Garden Stage
- Interactive Kid Zone
- Live Birds of Prey
- An Art, Gift and Gourmet Area
- Plant Sale
- Outdoor Living, Pools & Spa’s
- Habitat for Humanity
- Ultimate Kid Party Zone
- Dazzling Dream Parties
Austin, TX is known for having a laid back attitude, “keeping it weird”, amazing BBQ, local music and hot summers. The summer has started and we are well on way to hitting triple digits. When you aren’t at the lake or at the pool, cooling down indoors is vital to surviving the heat. How do you stay cool and keep your home’s energy bill down? Here are ten tips to save and beat the summer heat:
- Getting an AC tune-up is not just a suggestion. It is important to keep your system properly maintained so that it doesn’t struggle in the peak summer months. You can save up to 20% on your cooling bills just by having your air conditioning unit serviced twice a year.
- Check for leaks in your homes’ duct-work. Leaky duct-work waste 20-40% of your heating and cooling energy.
- Weatherization isn’t just for the winter months. Adding “green” insulation and sealing air holes in between door and window transitions help cool air from escaping and warm air entering the home.
- Upgrade to “Energy Star” products. Old appliances and equipment are “energy hogs”; they waste money and valuable resources.
- Take advantage of rebates on efficiency improvements from the City of Austin to reduce your expense on upgrades.
- Be sure that your AC unit is properly sized. Get assistance from an energy auditor or air conditioning contractor.
- Keep your ventilation clean. The dirtier they are, the harder your AC system needs to work. Switch from disposable filters to reusable air filters. Disposables are excessive, expensive and fill up the landfills.
- Shorten your showering time and follow with a cool rinse. It will be refreshing and you could save 2.5 to 10 gallons per each minute you reduce!
- Turn on ceiling fans or room fans. This helps circulate air movement and contributes in cooling the room so that you can set your thermostat higher.
- Stay hydrated! If your body temperature is cooler you won’t need to have the thermostat set so low.
Don’t let the cost of the summer heat ruin your summertime fun! Keep your home cool and energy bill low. Call the experts at Affordable Air Conditioning and Plumbing to sign up for a Maintenance Membership to save on tune ups, repairs and service. And remember, “Keep it cool, keep it efficient and keep it Affordable!”